I have three questions I like to ask at parties. I suggest answering each before proceeding to the next.
Scientists are trying to generate meat grown in a dish to reduce the carbon footprint, water use, and ethical complications of factory farming. With this in mind:
1) Would you eat lab grown meat, assuming it's been fully validated as safe and indistinguishable from animal meat grown the old fashioned way?
2) Would you be willing to eat lab grown meat cultured from animals other than traditional food animals, such as horse, eagle, dolphin, dog, or even human?
3) Would you be willing to eat a steak or hamburger grown from your own cells?
1) Yes. I dont eat animals now, but maybe If the lab meat is there or is easy for me to buy it, why not? :) The importance is not to harm sentient beings
2) Yes, only for curiosity maybe. Only once. Im not interested in eating muscles neither adipos tissue, but if no animal was harmed, it is ok
3) Maybe, why not
Very interesting questions indeed! A lot of ethical and environmental questions come to my mind when reading your post, but here's a very simplified answer, considering that I still eat meat ;)
1) YES, I would if it's proven to be safe. I don't mind the taste being a little different as well.
2) YES, different societies around the world consume those different meats according to their culture. So eating those would come down to a cultural preference. NO for human meat though, even if proven safe!
3) NO! Would anyone really want to though?
Hi, interesting questions! Without putting to much thought in too it i would say i would eat safe lab grown meat, and even from animals i would usually not eat meat from. Right now i feel like eating human meat is outside of my comfort zone. What are your thoughts?
What meat would you think is the most likely to be grown in mass scale?